- 1/2 medium peppers, jalapeño
- 3 clove garlic
- 3 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 16 ounce shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 4 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 cup pineapple
- 1 medium lime
- Preheat an outdoor grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. (Too cold this time of year? Simply preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and continue with recipe as directed).
- Seed and mince hot pepper if using; mince garlic and ginger.
- Combine all ingredients from oil to allspice in a small mixing bowl; further blend with an emersion blender or place ingredients into a blender.
- Being sure that shrimp is peeled and deveined, place them into a glass bowl and pour over the blended ingredients. Allow to marinate for a few hours.
- Cook rice according to package directions and steam broccoli, approximately 20 minutes before serving shrimp.
- Skewer shrimp in an alternating fashion with pineapple chunks; place onto hot grill and grill each side approximately 2 minutes; until pink. (Bake in oven for 8 minutes).
- Serve shrimp skewers over rice with a side of steamed broccoli.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie