Sweet Spinach Pancakes
These bright green pancakes are made with whole wheat flour and fresh spinach! Get your kids loving greens at breakfast with no fuss.
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Add the spinach and all liquid ingredients to a blender and blend thoroughly, until smooth with little or no flecks of spinach visible.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine the remaining (dry) ingredients, and stir to combine.
Pour blended ingredients into the mixing bowl and stir until the batter is just combined. A lump or two is OK-- don't overmix.
Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and melt a bit of butter in the bottom. Add small scoops of batter to the skillet (2-3 tablespoons of batter per pancake works well) and cook 2 minutes.
Flip the pancakes and cook a minute or two longer until the pancakes are fluffy and cooked through.
Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- to get the GREENEST pancakes, use white whole wheat flour and cook at a lower temperature to prevent browning on the ouside.