- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounce vinegar, white wine
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard, dijon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 medium cucumber
Prepare quinoa as directed on the package.
Chop the celery, red pepper, zucchini and carrot. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium. Add veggies to hot oil and saute for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat. Allow to cool and then toss together with the quinoa.
Whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, add to quinoa, toss to evenly coat.
Serve with applesauce and cucumber slices.
Calories: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 176mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g