Orange Grilled Steak & Salad Slaw
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 pound beef steak, any cut
- 2 medium apple
- 4 cup, shredded or chopped shredded veggies, bagged (such as broccoli slaw)
- 1 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/4 cup poppy seed dressing, light
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
Mince garlic and onion. Mix together with the remaining marinade ingredients, then pour into a large zip lock bag.
Place steak into bag with the marinade, seal, and allow to set for several hours (the longer the better!); turn the bag over once or twice throughout the marinating time if possible.
Preheat oven to high broil and add steak to a broiler pan (or cook on an outdoor grill if weather permits).
Cook steak for 12-15 minutes or until desired doneness is reached; turn once halfway through cooking.
Meanwhile, chop apples and mix together with the remaining salad ingredients.
Serve steak with veggie salad and rolls on the side.
Calories: 615kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 322mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 35g