Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
- 3 sweetpotato, 5" long sweet potato
- 1 leek leek
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup Milk, Low fat 1%
- 1/2 tbsp (1 NLEA serving) Mustard, Dijon Style
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 medium pear
- 4 slice, small whole wheat baguette
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cover sweet potatoes in foil, pierce with a fork; bake for 30 minutes, or until softened. Allow to cool to touch. Cube and puree with bulb of chopped leek and chicken broth. Add milk, blend again.
Add remaining ingredients through black pepper and blend.
Pour into pot on stove, heat to desired temperature. Serve soup topped with sliced avocado,
Add sliced pears and whole grain baguette slices to the side.
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 586mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 17g