Pistachio Pea Pesto
With the return of spring comes color and new life. Add some of both to your meal with this bright and flavorful pistachio pea pesto.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup shelled, roasted pistachios
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed or run under warm water
- 4 - 5 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon. garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese optional
Add all of the ingredients to a blender.
Blend on high until smooth. Add extra olive oil if the pesto is too thick.
Adjust salt and garlic powder to taste.
Serve on pasta, pizza, chicken, pork or salad. Or serve as a vegetable dip.
This makes a little over a cup of pesto.
The pesto can be made up to a week in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
The pesto can be frozen for up to a year.
Calories: 40kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 188mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g