Fresh and Easy Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 25 medium whole (2-3/5" dia) tomato, red
- 2 medium (2-1/2" dia) onion
- 2 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia) bell pepper, green
- 4 stalk, medium (7-1/2" - 8" long) celery
- 1 pepper peppers, jalapeño
- 4 clove garlic
- 2 cup leaves, whole basil, fresh
- 2 tsp, leaves OREGANO, DRIED
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup vinegar, distilled
Blend in a food processor or blender: tomatoes, onions, green peppers, celery, jalapeno, and garlic. Add to a large pot.
Then blend basil and oregano.
Add all of the ingredients to your pot; bring to a boil.
Turn heat to medium and simmer 30 minutes. Stir every few minutes to prevent burning.
When serving add, 1 Tbsp pesto, 1/2 cup parmesan, and 1/2 cup spinach.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4766mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 21g