Lasagna Veggie Soup
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 medium onion
- 2 stalk celery
- 5 clove garlic
- 6 medium carrot
- 6 cup, chopped kale
- 6 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried
- 2 tbsp bay leaf
- 6 teaspoon Chicken Bouillon
- 6 ounce tomato paste, canned
- 3 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 2 cup crushed tomatoes, canned
- 8 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- 2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
In large soup or stock pot, heat olive oil and ½ cup water over high heat. Add onions and celery, turn heat to medium high, and cook for about five minutes, or until the onions have softened.
Add garlic, carrots, and kale. Add six cups water to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add all the spices: oregano, Italian seasoning, parsley flakes, basil, bay leaves and bouillon. Maintain a simmer as you add tomato paste, pasta sauce, Italian tomatoes and pasta. Cover and simmer for about ten minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Remove from heat.
Cheese Bomb: In a medium mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese and parmesan cheese with a fork, seasoning with salt and pepper, if desired.
To assemble soup: In each bowl, scoop about 1/3 – 1/2 cup cheese bomb mixture into each serving bowl. Top with 2-3 cups soup. Serve warm, letting each person mix up their soup at the table. YUM!
Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 1469mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 15g