- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cup grapes
- 2 medium apple
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Separate egg yolk from the white, setting both aside separately; melt butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, milk, and butter. Whisk in egg yolk, then add to flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Beat egg white with a mixer until peaks form. Fold into batter until well blended.
- Pour 2/3 cup of batter into center of the waffle iron, (follow your personal waffle iron instructions if they differ) and cook through. Continue until all batter has been used.
- Serve waffles with grapes and sliced apples on the side.
Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 198mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 29g