- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 medium carrot
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 1/3 cup wild rice, raw
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Boil chicken until no longer pink, chop into small chunks. Reserve and strain liquid if not using canned chicken stock.
- Chop all of your vegetables, setting carrots and pepper aside.
- Combine all spices into a small bowl.
- Combine all ingredients, except carrots and peppers, in a 9×13 casserole dish and cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Add carrots and peppers and recover baking for another 45 minutes or until rice has absorbed all the liquid and is no longer crunchy.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 519mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g