- 1 1/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 3 large egg
- 2 cup strawberries
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir in oil, milk, and applesauce.
- Crack each egg, placing the whites into the bowl of your electric mixer (or into a large mixing bowl if using a hand-held mixer) and adding the yolks to the waffle batter.
- Beat eggs whites on high speed until stiff, then fold into the batter.
- Add batter to waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s directions and cook accordingly.
- Meanwhile, chop strawberries and add to a small saucepan. Mix with vanilla and heat over medium-low until warmed through.
- Top waffles with strawberries and enjoy!
Calories: 308kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 261mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g