- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 medium bay leaf
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup orzo, dry
- 15 ounce cannellini (white kidney) beans, canned
- 2 cup spinach
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 medium banana
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- Place a large stock pot over medium heat and add oil. Mince garlic and dice onion.
- Once oil is hot, add garlic and onion; cook for 2-3 minutes until onion is translucent. Add thyme and basil; stir and cook for another minute.
- Add broth, bay leaves and water; bring to a boil and then add orzo. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until orzo has softened.
- Drain and rinse beans, then add to the pot along with the spinach. Cook for 2 minutes more or until heated through. Stir in the juice from the lemon, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Serve soup warm with fruit and rolls on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie