- 1 pound pork chop, boneless
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium squash, summer
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 3 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 medium lime
- 1 ounce feta cheese crumbles
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 medium apple
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Mix Italian seasoning with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Use this mixture to season pork. Set aside.
- Julienne the zucchini and squash, or slice into 1/8-inch thick slices and then cut again into strips. Set aside.
- Slice tomatoes in half and toss with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, oregano, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and remaining pepper.
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and add the tomatoes. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, begin cooking the rice as directed on the package.
- Slice garlic and add to the tomatoes; bake for another 5 minutes.
- Using a large skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat.
- Add zucchini and squash, season with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add to tomatoes. Return to oven to keep warm, turning the heat down to 200° F.
- Spray the same skillet with cooking spray and cook pork chops approximately 2 minutes per side or until cooked through and no longer pink. (Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the meat.)
- Remove vegetables from oven and toss with olives, juice from the lemon and about 1/2 teaspoon lime zest. Top with feta.
- Serve pork with rice, vegetables, and apple slices on the side.
Calories: 504kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 425mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 14g