- 2 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 stalk celery
- 1 medium onion
- 4 medium carrot
- 4 clove garlic
- 6 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 can diced tomatoes, canned
- 2 large russet potato
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 2 none bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cup GREEN BEANS, SNAP
- 1 cup corn, canned
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 2 medium apple
- Peel and chop onion and carrots; chop celery and mince garlic.
- Heat a large stock pot over medium; add oil and swirl to coat. Add onions to oil and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add carrots to onions and continue to stir and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add celery and garlic to pot. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add broth and undrained tomatoes; stir to combine. Turn heat back to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Chop potatoes and add to pot. Bring back to a boil. Add parsley, bay leaves, thyme, salt, pepper, and green beans; reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook 20-30 minutes or until potatoes have become tender.
- Add drained corn and peas; cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Serve warm with sliced apples on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie