- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 medium apple
- 1 medium banana
- 1/8 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 medium carrot
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners into muffin pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together flours, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Soften butter and steam broccoli.
- In a mixer or another bowl, combine the sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Beat well.
- In a food processor, combine steamed broccoli, zucchini, apple, banana, apple juice, and applesauce. Purée until smooth.
- Shred carrots. (If you don’t want to use shredded carrots, you can purée them with the rest of the fruits and veggies in the food processor.)
- Add the fruit and veggie puree, carrots (if applicable), and yogurt into the wet ingredients and beat until mixed.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Fill prepared muffin pan about 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are slightly brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and muffins bounce back when touched.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. If desired, add some yogurt and fruit on the side for extra energy.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie