- 4 cup broccoli, florets
- 4 medium orange
- Cook elbow noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Chop summer squash into large chunks. Add squash and water to a small saucepan. Cover and cook over low heat until squash is soft. Puree in a blender or food processor and set aside until ready to use.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium. Add flour and stir constantly for 3-4 minutes or until thick and bubbly (be careful not to burn). Add milk and stir until it bubbles again. Stir in 1/2 cup summer squash puree. Add cream cheese and salt, mix until smooth and well-combined.
- Add noodles to your thickened cheese sauce. Top with shredded cheddar cheese or any other favorite cheese.
- Serve with raw broccoli and orange slices on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie