- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2 dia.) bell pepper, red
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup diced mushrooms, portabella
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup hummus
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 cup, diced (approx 20 pieces per cup) honeydew
- Slice pepper, grate carrot, slice zucchini, chop mushrooms (if not bought this way). Heat pan over medium-high heat; sauté veggies in a small amount of oil until slightly soft, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Spread hummus onto 4 slices of bread, sprinkle each with Italian seasoning, follow with an even amount of veggies; top with second slice of bread. Place each sandwich into a sandwich press and allow to become toasted. Serve with cubed honeydew.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie