- 1 none cooking spray
- 8 ounce bowtie (farfalle) pasta, dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium squash, summer
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, seasoned
- 2 cup strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta to al dente according to the package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid and discard remaining. Set pasta aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over low. Mince garlic, toss into skillet, and stir to coat. Dice squash, zucchini, pepper, and onion; Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Add all veggies to the skillet and increase heat to medium. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Dice tomato and then add to skillet; cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in pasta.
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a simmer over medium heat. Add the reserved cooking liquid and ricotta; whisk together and continue cooking approximately 2 more minutes. Season with 1 teaspoon lemon zest, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir in cheddar and allow to melt. Once melted, pour into a blender and mix for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Pour sauce over pasta and vegetables, and stir to combine. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top, and bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly golden.
- Serve with sliced strawberries on the side.
Calories: 530kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 554mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 12g