- 2 cup, cooked Couscous, cooked
- 1 medium (2-1/2″ dia) onion
- 2 bunch broccoli
- 1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1/2 fl oz WATER
- 1/8 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne or red pepper
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2 dia.) bell pepper, red
- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2″ dia) bell pepper, green
- 1 pepper, large (3-3/4″ long, 3″ dia) bell pepper, yellow
- 3 medium carrot
- 4 tbsp half and half
- 1 cup GREEN BEANS, SNAP
- 2 cup pineapple
- Prepare couscous according to package directions, set aside covered.
- Chop broccoli and onion; thinly slice peppers and carrots.
- Melt butter on medium in a large pot. Cook onion and broccoli for 4 minutes. Stir in flour, curry, salt, cayenne. Stir in broth; boil. Then reduce to low heat, stir, stirring frequently, cook for 8 minutes. Stir in peppers, carrots, 1/2 & 1/2, and green beans; cook for 3-4 minutes. Serve over couscous, top with pineapple chunks.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie