- 4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounce ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 16 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 6 ounce turkey sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cup grapes, green
- Whisk together the flour, yeast, and salt. Add olive oil and warm water; stir well. Once it comes together and becomes sticky, use hands to knead. Coat a large bowl with non-stick cooking spray; place dough in bowl, turn to coat, and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm, draft-free area until doubled in size, about 1½ to 2 hours.
- While the dough rises, combine the ricotta cheese and shredded mozzarella. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Cut broccoli and dice bell pepper. Heat a skillet over medium and add sausage. Cook until no longer pink, then add veggies. Cook for 3-4 minutes, allowing veggies to soften. Remove from heat.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Turn the risen dough out onto unfloured work surface. Divide the dough into six equal pieces and gently shape each piece of dough into a ball. Transfer the balls of dough to the baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Let the dough rest 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Roll each ball out into a 9 inch circle. Add an even amount of cheese mixture onto half of the circle, leaving a border. Add veggies and sausage. Fold over and gently press around the edges, sealing in the toppings. Cut a small slit into each calzone to allow for steam to release. Brush each with olive oil.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
- Heat sauce for dipping and serve with grapes.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie