- 6 medium zucchini
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 1 large egg
- 1 sprigs dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 slice, small whole wheat baguette
- 15 ounce peaches, canned in own juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini, then turn sideways and and slice a thin strip off the tops with a knife.
- Using a spoon, carefully scoop out the flesh, leaving shells to hold the stuffing. Chop the zucchini flesh and set aside.
- Chop onion and mince garlic.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Stir in the zucchini flesh, cheese, walnuts, bread crumbs, egg, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff the zucchini shells and place side by side in an ovenproof dish; drizzle remaining oil over top.(Include any extra stuffing in the dish.)
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with bread and peaches on the side.
Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 621mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 22g