- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, brown, Italian, or Crimini
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 1/8 medium onion, red
- 4 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounce feta cheese crumbles
- 4 leaves basil, fresh
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- Slice zucchini lengthwise in 1/4″ strips. Saute’ zucchini and mushrooms in a pan over medium heat for a couple minutes or until slightly softened.
- Slice tomato and onion. Shred mozzarella and combine with feta and basil.
- Assemble paninis on an unheated griddle. Layer one slice of bread with a small amount of the cheese mixture, half the veggies (including the spinach and peppers), another thin layer of cheese, the remaining veggies, and one more layer of cheese.
- Top with a slice of bread and heat over medium heat until browned on both sides and cheese is melted.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie