- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 pound beef, ground, 95% lean
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- Chop onions, zucchini, and peppers. Saute onion and pepper.
- Add ground beef and brown. Add remaining ingredients, cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Serve over rice cooked according to package directions.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie