- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 2 medium mango
- 1 1/2 cup pastry flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup sugar, turbinado
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- Place liners into muffin pan and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Dice mango and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, and salt; blend well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, vanilla, and almond extract. Heat coconut oil just enough to melt; allow to cool. Meanwhile, mix wet ingredients into the dry. Stir 3-4 times, then add cooled coconut oil. Stir again 2-3 times, then fold in the mango; avoid over mixing.
- Divide batter equally among the muffin cups. (Note: it’s ok if they’re full; the muffins shouldn’t rise much while baking.)
- Bake 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 163mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g