- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 4 ounce colby cheese
- 4 slice turkey breast, deli style
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1/4 cup cranberries, dried
- Cut bread into heart shapes using a cookie cutter (if time permits). Slice cheese.
- Place a slice of turkey, a slice of cheese, and some spinach leaves between two of the heart shaped bread slices; add a small amount of the sandwich condiment(s) of your choice.
- Slice cucumber and bell pepper; set aside. Chop pineapple and mix with cranberries.
- Serve sandwiches with veggies and fruit on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie