- 8 ounce spaghetti pasta, whole-wheat, dry
- 2 cup spinach, frozen
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 2 medium apple
- 4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 medium onion, red
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing, low fat
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking pan with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, thaw spinach then squeeze out any excess liquid. Chop onion and mince garlic.
- In a large bowl, stir together the egg and ketchup.
- Stir onion, garlic, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper into the egg mixture; gently mix in the ground turkey (using your hands is messy, but usually works the best).
- Divide turkey mixture into 16 1-inch round balls. Flatten each ball slightly, place 1 tablespoon spinach inside each, then roll back into balls.
- Place stuffed meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until meat is no longer pink, turning at least once halfway through cooking.
- While meatballs are baking, pour the marinara sauce in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until warmed through.
- Dice apples; chop lettuce, onion, and tomato. Toss all into a large bowl along with the dressing.
- Serve meatballs and marinara over pasta with salad on the side.
Calories: 645kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 1482mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 26g