- 8 ounce tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard, dijon
- 1 teaspoon vinegar, cider
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 1 cup blackberries
- Mix tomato sauce, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce into a small bowl; set aside. In a food processor combine the celery, bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms; pulse until finely chopped.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add veggies and minced garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until veggies begin to soften. Add ground turkey and cook until browned and fully cooked. Stir sauce into the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes longer or until completely heated through. Season with salt.
- Serve on hamburger buns with berries on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie