- 1/3 cup broccoli, florets
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms, brown, Italian, or Crimini
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add broccoli, onion, carrot, spinach and mushrooms to a food processor and blend until well chopped.
- Add ground turkey, the processed veggies, bread crumbs, egg, and spices to a large bowl. Mix until well combined (it may be easiest to use your hands.)
- Shape mixture into meatballs (12-18 depending on preferred size) and arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until cooked through and slightly browned.
- Serve with spaghetti/marinara sauce for dipping.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie