- 2 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 4 slice (1 oz) provolone cheese
- 2 cup spinach
- 8 slice turkey breast, deli style
- 4 medium tangerine (mandarin orange)
- Thinly slice peppers and mash avocado; set aside separately.
- Brush the outside of each slice of bread with olive oil, then spread avocado on the inside of each slice.
- Add sliced peppers, cheese, spinach and turkey to half the bread, then top with remaining slices to make sandwiches, keeping the oiled side out.
- Heat a panini press or skillet. Cook each sandwich until golden brown, then slice in half.
- Serve sandwiches with oranges on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie