- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 2/3 medium onion
- 2 pound turkey, ground
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup oats, dry
- 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 16 spear asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 medium pear
- 4 small rolls, dinner, wheat
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a bread pan with cooking spray.
- Dice pepper and onion; add to a large mixing bowl. Add turkey, egg, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, oats, and milk; blend well. Place turkey into prepared pan and shape into meatloaf. Spread ketchup on top. Bake for 1 hour or until no longer pink in center.
- About 10 minutes before meatloaf is finished, prepare asparagus: Cut off the rough ends. Heat olive oil over medium in a large skillet. Toss in asparagus and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Serve slices of meatloaf with asparagus spears and sliced pears on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie