Turkey Meatloaf with Cauliflower PotatoesPrint Pin Rate
- 1/4 cup vinegar, cider
- 3 teaspoon mustard
- 6 ounce tomato paste, canned
- 2 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1/2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 tablespoon shallot
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium potato, red
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2/3 cup yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cup green beans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 18″ by 12″ jelly roll pan with foil. Heat large covered saucepot of water to boiling on high.
- In medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, and 2 tablespoon tomato paste, set aside.
- Dice bread slices, grate zucchini, chop pepper and shallot.
- In large bowl, combine turkey, bread, zucchini, red pepper, shallot, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan; mold into loaf. Pour vinegar mixture over top of loaf. Bake 40-45 minutes or until turkey is cooked through (165 degrees).
- Quarter potatoes (peel if desired), chop cauliflower.
- Add potatoes and 1-2 teaspoon salt to boiling water. Boil 10 minutes, add cauliflower, boil 5 minutes longer, or at least until potatoes are tender. Drain; return to pot. Add yogurt, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 cup milk (due to personal preference, you may need less, you may need more!). With potato masher, mash until smooth. Serve with meatloaf with steamed green beans.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie