Turkey Meatloaf with Cauliflower PotatoesPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 8 2 ounces meatloaf, 1/2 cup potato
- 1/4 cup vinegar, cider
- 3 teaspoon mustard
- 6 ounce tomato paste, canned
- 2 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1/2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 tablespoon shallot
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium potato, red
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2/3 cup yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cup green beans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 18″ by 12″ jelly roll pan with foil. Heat large covered saucepot of water to boiling on high.
- In medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, and 2 tablespoon tomato paste, set aside.
- Dice bread slices, grate zucchini, chop pepper and shallot.
- In large bowl, combine turkey, bread, zucchini, red pepper, shallot, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan; mold into loaf. Pour vinegar mixture over top of loaf. Bake 40-45 minutes or until turkey is cooked through (165 degrees).
- Quarter potatoes (peel if desired), chop cauliflower.
- Add potatoes and 1-2 teaspoon salt to boiling water. Boil 10 minutes, add cauliflower, boil 5 minutes longer, or at least until potatoes are tender. Drain; return to pot. Add yogurt, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 cup milk (due to personal preference, you may need less, you may need more!). With potato masher, mash until smooth. Serve with meatloaf with steamed green beans.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 245mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g