- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 stalk celery
- 2 pound turkey, ground
- 3 large egg white
- 1 cup oats, dry
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 teaspoon mustard, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 medium carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium apple
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Finely chop onion and celery. Add to a large mixing bowl with remaining ingredients, adding more or less spice to taste.
- Roll into balls approximately 2 inches round; place one into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until no longer pink in the center.
- While they bake, prepare the side carrots:
- Peel and cut carrots into matchsticks. Dice onion and mince garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a wok over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, cumin, curry powder and thyme. Stir together.
- Add carrots and toss to coat. Pour in the broth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir, allowing liquid to thicken and reduce; approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve muffins with carrots and sliced apples.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie