- 3 medium carrot
- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2 dia.) bell pepper, red
- 4 tbsp chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz turkey, ground
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes, canned
- 5 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 3 cup, chopped kale
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cup grapes
- Prepare veggies: chop carrots and pepper into 1/2in pieces, dice shallots. Using a large stock pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots, pepper, shallots; continue to stir to avoid burning, for 8-10 minutes.
- Add turkey, cook until it begins to turn white and becomes brown on edges. Add Italian seasoning; stir to combine.
- Drain tomatoes and add to pot along with broth and cooked rice. Bring to a boil and add in kale, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, until veggies have softened.
- Serve seasoned with parsley and parmesan cheese; grapes on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie