- 2 medium carrot
- 2 stalk celery
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup wild rice, raw
- 2 serving Turkey breast meat
- 1 pint half and half
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 slice bread, french
- Chop carrots, celery and onion into small bite-size pieces.
- In a stock pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, celery and onion; cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended; cook until bubbly. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 348mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g