- 10 ounce tuna, canned in water
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise, light
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 4 medium carrot
- 2 medium cucumber
- 1 medium honeydew
- Drain tuna, add to a medium-sized mixing bowl, and mash with a fork; stir in mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Remove crusts from bread and flatten with a rolling pin until about 1/16-inch thick.
- Spoon tuna in a log down the middle of each slice of bread.
- Peel and grate 1 carrot and finely dice 1/2 of a cucumber. Add to the tuna and roll up the bread tightly to enclose the filling. Cut each roll crosswise into four pieces.
- Peel the remaining carrots and cut into sticks; slice the remaining cucumbers; remove seeds from melon and cut into cubes.
- Serve tuna roll-ups with veggies and melon on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie