I promise I’ve been trying hard to post more fruits and vegetable recipes, but I seem to always be in the mood for bread or breakfast. Not today though! I’ve got a side dish that would be super delicious with some BBQ Chicken and potatoes. These carrots are sweet enough for dessert, but perfect for dinner. It’s chopped carrots and pineapple in a thick sweet sauce. Here is what we did:
Step 1: Gather ingredients
Step 2: Steam chopped carrots
Step 4: Combine everything
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
|Tropical Carrot Dish||
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 can pineapple chunks (20 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Chop carrots and steam in a steamer or in the microwave for 8 minutes.
- Drain pineapple and combine pineapple juice, cornstarch, cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and stir until thick, about 2-3 minutes.
- Combine steamed carrots, pineapple chunks, and sauce in a bowl, and stir until combined.
Carrots are a great food to include in your children’s diet.Carrots and other yellow or orange produce contains vitamin A which keeps their:
- and Bones HEALTHY!!
Mmmmm, warm and delicious!
On a side note, for those who haven’t heard, I wrote a cookbook! You can’t actually get it until May 2012 (arghhhhh), but it’s on Amazon and Barnes and Noble for pre-order! It’s called 201 Healthy Smoothies and Juices for Kids and I can’t wait to see the finished product!