- 3 large egg
- 5 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 6 standard cupcake liners
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Separate the eggs into the yolks and the whites.
- Mix the yolks with the honey and almond extract.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then fold into the honey mixture.
- In a separate bowl whip egg whites until fluffy, then add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour batter into 6 regular sized muffin cups.
- Sprinkle almonds and brown sugar on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie