- 8 ounce egg noodles
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 tablespoon shallot
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1 tablespoon dill weed, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, dried
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium orange
- Begin by cooking pasta as directed on package, for al dente. Allow to cool before continuing with the recipe.
- While pasta cooks, halve tomatoes, quarter and slice cucumbers, and chop shallots. Add these ingredients to a large bowl with chopped fresh parsley, dill and thyme.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, and add to the bowl along with the pine nuts and cooled pasta.
- In a small bowl or shaker bottler, mix vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper; pour over the salad and toss to coat.
- Serve with sliced oranges.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie