- 2 cup brown rice, raw
- 3 medium tomato, red
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, fresh
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon garam masala spice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 16 ounce Tofu, firm
- 3 cup green peas, frozen
- 2 tablespoon cilantro
- 3 cup pineapple
- Begin cooking rice as directed on package. Set aside covered, when done.
- Chop tomatoes, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Mince garlic and grate ginger. Add to skillet and saute for 1 minute. Add cumin, coriander, garam masala, sugar, turmeric and salt. Stir together.
- Add tomatoes, yogurt and broth. Stir and turn heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often so as to avoid sticking. Using a potato masher, crush tomatoes. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Cut tofu into cubes and add to skillet along with peas. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve on rice garnished with cilantro and with pineapple on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie