- 1 cup Tofu, firm
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Cornmeal
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Remove tofu from package and lay onto paper towels. Remove as much moisture as possible (this may require more than one paper towel).
- Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes.
- Mix cornstarch, cornmeal, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add tofu cubes to the mixture and toss gently to coat. Place clean paper towels onto a clean plate and set aside.
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high. Once it becomes hot and shimmery, gently add tofu. Cook and turn over to allow each side to become golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a plate that has been lined with paper towels.
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 380mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g