Toasted Pita Salad
A fresh, high-protein salad topped with crispy homemade pita chips.Print Pin Rate
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 1/4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, raw
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup parsley, fresh
- 1 medium onion, red
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Split each pita into 2 rounds and toast on a baking sheet in the middle of the oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Allow pitas to cool and break into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper. Add the oil and whisk to incorporate.
- Toss the lettuce, parsley, scallions, cucumber, tomatoes, chickpeas and edamame together in a large bowl.
- Right before serving, add the pita and dressing to the salad. Toss well to coat.
Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 732mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 8g