- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise, light
- 3 teaspoon vinegar, cider
- 2 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup cabbage, shredded Napa
- 1 cup chopped cabbage, red
- 2 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- Cook rice as directed on package. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Steam frozen fish in the steamer basket of a rice cooker for 20 minutes. While steaming, blend flax seeds and water in a blender until frothy. Once fish is cooked, combine in a bowl with the frothy flax and water mix. Stir until combined and fish crumbles and is coated by the flax liquid. In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, parmesan, and salt.
- Scoop fish out with a spoon, and shape into sticks. You may have to squeeze and press to keep the shape. Also, feel free to add some bread crumbs if your fish won’t stick together. Roll sticks into bread crumbs and gently roll around. Bake on the broil setting, close to the heat source. After 5 minutes, flip with spatula. Cook the other side for five more minutes. Watch closely while broiling to avoid burning.
- For Cole Slaw: In a large bowl, whisk together the mayo, apple cider vinegar, mustard, sugar, and salt. Add two cups of the coleslaw (or shredded cabbage and carrots), and toss thoroughly. Continue adding small amounts of the coleslaw to the mix until it reaches desired consistency. Top with mandarin oranges (or leave mandarin oranges on the side for pickier eaters).
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie