- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cup broccoli
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 medium peach
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces and toss in a bowl with the lemon juice.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil; brown the chicken for 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop the onion and broccoli.
- Add 1/2 cup of the water, onion, and broccoli to the skillet.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the other 1/2 cup of water, soy sauce, ginger, crushed garlic cloves, sesame oil, juice and zest from the lemon, and brown sugar. Stir well.
- Pour sauce over broccoli and chicken. Let simmer for a few extra minutes until it begins to thicken, and water evaporates.
- Serve over rice with peach slices on the side.
Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 455mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 16g