- 1 cup tempeh
- 4 ounce pasta, shapes
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 cup sliced mushrooms, white
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 1/2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 2 cup grapes
- Steam tempeh for 10 minutes (this helps remove the “bitter” taste). Let cool enough to touch, then crumble.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, dice bell pepper, slice mushrooms, and mince garlic.
- In a large pan over medium heat, sauté the tempeh, mushrooms, peppers, and garlic for about 8 minutes until veggies soften (add a bit of olive oil to the pan if necessary/desired).
- Reduce heat to med-low and pour in pasta sauce. Cook for 10 minutes until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon sauce over cooked pasta. Serve with grapes on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie