Tasty QuinoaPrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh
- 1 teaspoon thyme, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 5 ounce chicken, canned
- 2 cup pineapple
- 2 medium cucumber
- Place quinoa and broth into saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and allow to cook for 10-12 minutes, or until liquid has absorbed. Let stand for 5 minutes, fluff with a fork and transfer to a separate bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon, chopped basil, chopped parsley, chopped thyme, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour over quinoa. Break apart the chicken, and add to quinoa, tossing to coat.
- Serve with diced pineapple and cucumber slices.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie