- 1 cup couscous, dry
- 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon mustard, ground
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 12 ounce white fish fillet
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 medium plum
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil, if desired.
- Cook couscous as directed on package; set aside covered.
- In a mixing bowl, add olive oil, minced garlic, and all seasonings (through cayenne); blend well. Dip each piece of fish into mixture and place onto prepared baking sheet. Pour remaining seasoning mixture over the fish.
- Toss asparagus with additional olive oil and place onto a separate baking sheet. Place both trays into oven and bake for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. (Be sure to keep a watch on the asparagus if they are thin because they will cook fast!)
- Season couscous with butter, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Serve fish with couscous, asparagus and sliced plums on the side. (Serving size: 3-4 ounce fish, 3/4 cup couscous, 1 plum, 3-4 asparagus)
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie