- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound beef, ground, 90% lean
- 4 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 2 medium carrot
- 8 jumbo black olives, canned
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup lettuce, romaine
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- Place chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt into a zip-lock bag; shake to combine, label it “taco seasoning,” and set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add beef and 2 teaspoons of seasoning mixture to the skillet. Store the remaining seasoning mixture in the zip-lock bag to use another day.
- Stir beef to crumble, and cook until no longer pink inside: approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat another skillet over medium. Cook each tortilla in the skillet, one at a time, about 1 minute per side. Set aside and cover with a lid from a large pot.
- Peel carrots. Using the peeler, continue to peel (julienne) the carrots. Chop olives, dice bell pepper, coarsely chop spinach and romaine, and place all veggies, along with shredded cheese, onto a large serving platter to use for taco toppings.
- Assemble tacos as desired.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 2003mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g