- 8 regular taco shells
- 1 pound beef, ground, 95% lean
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 4 ounce colby-jack cheese
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cup grapes
- Julienne the carrot, shred the lettuce and cheese (if needed), slice the avocado, and chop the spinach. Set all aside separately.
- Preheat the oven and cook the taco shells according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat; spray with cooking spray, then add the meat and seasonings. Cook until no longer pink, stirring frequently to crumble.
- Drain any excess grease from the skillet, then stir in the canned tomatoes; cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Stuff taco shells with meat and toppings as desired. Serve grapes on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie