- 8 wooden skewers
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sweet red chili sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 3/4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium squash, summer
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms, portabella
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 4 cup, cubes watermelon
- Prepare wooden skewers (if using) by soaking them in water. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop onion and mix with yogurt, chili sauce and Sriracha sauce; set aside. Place shrimp on skewers and set onto a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Cut zucchini, squash, and mushrooms into large chunks and mix in a bowl with salt, pepper and oil. Place vegetables on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place shrimp and veggies into the oven.
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Bake veggies for 10-15 minutes (or longer if crispy edges are desired). Bake the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove shrimp from oven and immediately brush with yogurt mixture.
- Slice watermelon and cut into cubes.
- Serve shrimp and veggies with rice and watermelon on the side. (Serving size: 4-6 shrimp, 1/2 cup rice, 3/4 cup veggies, 1 cup watermelon).
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie