- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 medium apple
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Cook rice as directed on package. Chop bell pepper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger. Reserve 2/3 cup marinade and place the rest into a ziplock bag with the salmon; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove salmon from marinade and place on a foil-lined baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, add reserved marinade to a small saucepan and simmer over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and sauté pepper for 2 minutes. Stir peppers into rice.
- Steam broccoli, chop green onions, and core and slice apples.
- Place salmon on a bed of rice, topped with sauce and garnished with onions. Serve with broccoli and apple slices on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie